Bit:Bot Robot for BBC Micro:Bit
HappyKits is the authorised reseller for micro:bit in Malaysia.
Bit:Bot Fully Integrated Robot for the BBC Micro:Bit
This ready-assembled robot requires no soldering, no wires and nothing more than a screwdriver to complete it.
The Bit:Bot fully engages children and adults alike, allowing you to explore and code the BBC Micro:Bit using any of the languages available (not all features are supported in all languages)
You can even control your Bit:Bot with your Bluetooth phone, here how to control.
There is now a Microsoft PXT package for Bit:Bot (thanks to Sten Roger Sandvik, @stenrs on Twitter). Go to the Advanced tab or the Tools gear icon and select Add Package, then search for BitBot.
Check out these features:
- 2 micro-metal gear motors. Both fully controllable in software, for both speed (0 to 100%) and direction (forward or reverse)
- Wheels with rubber tyres for maximum grip
- Really smooth metal ball front caster
- 12 mini neopixels in 2 sets of 6 along the arms either side. Select any colour for any pixel, produce stunning lighting effects as your Bit:Bot moves around
- 2 digital line following sensors. Code your own line-following robots and race them to see whose code produces the fastest lap time!
- 2 analog light sensors (front left and front right) so your Bit:Bot can be programmed to follow a light source such as a torch, or you could code it to go and hide in the darkest place it can find
- Buzzer, so you can make beeping sounds whenever you want
- Powered from integrated 3xAA battery holder with on/off switch and blue indicator LED
- Easily plug your BBC micro:bit in and out using the edge connector
- Expansion connections at the front for additional sensors (Ultrasonic rangefinder available now, more in development)
Optionally, you can add an Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (rangefinder) module. The sensor can be either soldered to the module, or connected via a socket. No soldering is required for either version. The socketed version makes it easier to connect a micro-USB lead to the Micro:Bit, but the soldered version is more robust.
Please note: BBC Micro:Bit and batteries are NOT included.
Free shipping within Malaysia only.
All prices are net! There is no GST.